Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reflection

Overall I found this task quite challenging. Learning how to use Sketchup was definitely an experience I will never forget. Each week however I did find that I was getting better and looking back over my blog I can see how much I have progressed within 4 weeks.

The part that I most enjoyed was learning from the other students in my tutorial class. Everyone was more than willing to share their ideas, thoughts, techniques and strategies. I found it a great way to obtain feedback and improve my model design.

I have also learnt a tiny fraction more of the capabilities of online programs like Blogspot, Google Sketchup and YouTube.I would definitely not consider myself very computer/technology literate, however after doing this assessment I feel a little more competent.

I now understand that creating any kind of structure needs to be supported by a thorough and sometimes lengthy process. This process can come in many forms (designing cross sections, textures, stairs in moleskine diaries) and inspiration for this process can come from anything, (words used to describe arstists' artworks).

No comments:

Post a Comment